Due to the entry into force of the mentioned modification of the "Law of Services of the Information Society" (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to obtain the express consent of the user for all web pages that use dispendable cookies before the user starts navigating them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools
used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to offer a correct functioning of
the site. These cookies are sent by web pages and are stored and managed by Internet browsers. They are commonly
used to store relevant information of a page user, for example to differentiate users, to identify themselves as a legitimate
user or to store the items that are carried in the virtual shopping cart. They can also be used to store preferences, such
as presentation styles.
This information is used by the Internet pages to "remember" some information concerning the user, such as their preferences for viewing the pages of that server, name and password, products that interest them most, etc., in such a way that there is consistency between what happens from one page to another. Without cookies, each page would be independent of the other, and it would be impossible to do interrelated processes in a sequence of pages.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY LEGISLATION AND EXCLUDED COOKIES
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent by the user are analytical, advertising and affiliation cookies, except those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services, expressly requested by the user.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES EXIST?
There are five major groups:
- Analytical cookies: they collect information on the use made of the website.
- Social cookies: they are necessary for external social networks.
- Affiliation cookies: they allow companies to track visits from other websites that have established an affiliation contract with the aforementioned websites.
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: they collect information about the preferences and personal choices of the user (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: they are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE?
- Google Analytics: We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze
data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information
for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Purchase form data: We use session cookies to store data of the purchases made on our website.
- PHPSESSID: Technical and strictly necessary cookie that contains the identifier of the session. It is deleted when the browser is closed.
TURNING OFF COOKIESYou can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. Below you can find links to the main browsers "Help" which explain how you can do so. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site or any other websites that you visit.
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_US
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/Mac/12.10/en/cookies.html